Recovery coaching can simply be defined as a well-organized technique used to help people who are dealing with addiction and seeking recovery. Individuals will be guided through a series of steps, which can help them begin and maintain a life of sobriety and recovery.
This step by step method is guaranteed to assist those in recovery if there is a willingness to engage and be open to the process.
How can a recovery coach help you, or someone you love?
A Recovery Coach can provide excellent assistance to individuals who are going through a painful time in their lives or trying hard to get rid of a painful addiction. Here are a few services that a recovery coach can provide to enhance quality of life:
- Assistance Developing Practical Tools Applicable to Daily Life
- Relapse Prevention Planning
- Short Term/Long Term Goal Setting
- Milestone Planning
- Network and Provider Referrals
- Appropriate support in navigating through obstacles that have proven insurmountable in the past.
- Identifying triggers that may increase emotional risk.
- Working with clients at any stage of recovery
- Developing crisis plans
- Assistance in developing support networks
- Identifying areas which have presented or may present roadblocks to recovery
- Supporting the client through challenges arising in everyday activities.
For some, this is done through several one-on-one sessions each week. Some prefer telephone contact. I also offer video sessions through a secure, HIPPA compliant portal. Reach out today and we will start working on a program that is right for you!